forum-mécanique" forum-mécanique"

Forum Mécanique, Forum Usinage, Forum de la machine outils

Forum mécanique est un forum de l'usinage, de la machine outils, et de la mécanique au sens large.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 12-10-2018 01:52:45

panxing18
Expert

eams have been pena

Coach Vance Joseph said he doesn't expect defensive end Derek Wolfe to miss any time after sustaining a neck stinger at practice Tuesday.

"He should not. He came back to practice. So Kyle Williams Jersey , he should be ready to go tomorrow," Joseph said.

Wolfe had surgery this offseason after dealing with neck problems off and on since 2013 , when he got hurt in a preseason game at Seattle.

Joseph described the latest scare as "a little small stinger," adding, "he's fine. He came back out. He's OK."

Left guard Ron Leary tried to calm Wolfe as he retreated to the sideline to get checked out.

"Wolfe's just a real passionate guy, so he always wants to be out there and anytime he gets a nick and can't perform, he's heated," Leary said. "And Wolfe don't listen to too many people. But I've known him for a while and he knows it's all love when it comes from me. So, it was a good little convo."

Wolfe has dealt with neck issues ever since being whisked from the field in an ambulance after a hit to his head and neck in a preseason game in Seattle five years ago. Later in the 2013 season he suffered seizure-like symptoms on his way to a game and missed the team's Super Bowl run.

Wolfe also missed two games in 2016 because of a sore neck and last year he went on IR after injuring his neck in a game against Oakland on Nov. 26.

Just last weekend Wolfe spoke about how nice it was to play without neck pain and muscle weakness following his offseason surgery, which allowed him to hit the weights with extra fervor.

"You get to focus on your technique more because you're not worried about protecting yourself. You open your game to a lot more, especially pass-rush wise," Wolfe said Saturday. "You don't have to worry about if that center comes and hits you in that right side, 'Oh, I'm going to lose that feeling in my right arm so I have to protect it.' When you can really work your pass-rushing moves all the way through, it changes your game."

Notes: ILB Brandon Marshall (sore wrist) will return to contact drills Wednesday. ... LT Garett Bolles returned to practice one day after being carted off and examined for a head injury. ... CB Bradley Roby, who's stepping into a fulltime starter's role following the trade of Aqib Talib, got some friendly advice from Joseph heading into camp: "I told Bradley, 'I don't want to judge you on how many plays you make; you're judged on how many plays you give up.' That's what I want from our corners. And if you're in a good position Youth Kolton Miller Jersey , you'll make enough plays. But don't cheat in order to make plays because that's not what winning's about. That's about you.' So, he's doing a good job playing within the scheme and playing with good technique and just doing his job."
The NFL tapped Titans coach Mike Vrabel to narrate a video detailing the new rule on lowering the head to initiate contact, hoping the man who played 14 years as a linebacker in the league could more easily explain how players should adapt.

Now Vrabel's own Titans (0-2) find themselves tied with defending champion Philadelphia for the most lowering-the-head penalties through two preseason games with five apiece. Tennessee was flagged three times for the new rule in an opening loss in Green Bay , and the Titans added two more in Saturday night's 30-14 loss to Tampa Bay .

Getting it right matters because any player initiating contact with his helmet could be ejected after an in-game video review decided in New York.

So far this preseason, blame either the player making contact, the speed of the game or everyone still getting used to the new rule.

"Pretty much all those are going to fall into one of those categories," Vrabel said Sunday.

Titans safety Kenny Vaccaro drew one penalty for running across the field to tackle Bucs wide receiver Mike Evans at the end of a 38-yard reception on the sideline. Wide receiver Nick Williams was flagged late in the third quarter while on punt coverage, costing the Titans 15 yards.

Vrabel said Vaccaro has to do a better job avoiding contact with the crown of his helmet while trying to break up the pass. The coach wasn't sure if Williams made contact, but noted the receiver's head was in the linear position the NFL is trying to eliminate from the game. The Titans will turn those plays into the league for an explanation.

The coach said he already showed his team an eight-minute video from the NFL of penalties in the first week of the preseason.

"We'll keep doing that and we'll keep coaching it and we'll keep stressing it, and hopefully it doesn't, one, lead to injuries, or two, cost us yards," Vrabel said.

Even though the rule is new, six NFL teams that have played two preseason games have not been flagged even once for lowering the head to initiate contact. Indianapolis, who plays Baltimore on Monday night, was not flagged in its preseason opener. Behind the Titans and Eagles Authentic Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey , five teams have been penalized under the rule three times apiece: Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, the Rams and San Francisco.

Chicago has three such penalties through three exhibitions.

The Titans have been penalized 25 times for 258 yards through two games.

Asked if officials might be a bit overzealous enforcing the rule during the preseason before hopefully scaling back in the regular season, Vrabel said he wasn't really sure.

"I try to do my job. They ask me to provide a video, a voiceover video , on what I thought was the right way to play outside linebacker or inside linebacker taking these blocks on, tackling. I thought I tried to go through and provide examples of what was good and what was probably needed to be fixed and changed in some of the style of play," Vrabel said.

"But they don't tell me, 'Hey, coach, this is going to get scaled back in the regular season.' I think these guys are doing what their boss, and the league, is just telling them to do. So if they see that position and they see contact, they're calling it."

That leaves Vrabel and his assistants coaching the Titans better to adjust how they play.
Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB
Traduction par FluxBB.fr

Forum Mécanique :

Bienvenue sur le forum de la mécanique

Accès aux règles :

Pour le bon fonctionnement du forum, vous trouverez ci-dessous un accès direct aux règles du forum :

Sponsor

SERIM :
Services Etudes Réalisations industrielles Maintenance

serim